Dwarf Willow or Salix Herbacea is the smallest tree in the world. It is one of the world’s smallest woody creeping willow plants that belongs to the Salicaceae family and the order of Malpighiales. These species mostly found in the region of grating arctic and subarctic environments of the North Atlantic Ocean. The size of Dwarf Willow may stands of 1 m² or much large and the underground stem will be around 0.5 cm thick. The leaf size of Salix Herbacea is around 3-5 mm which is much smaller than the blade. The bud size of this small tree is around 0.5-1 * 1-1.2 mm. The colours of these plants are entirely different from each other, the older part will be in dark greyish or reddish-brown where the younger parts of this tree are light brown in colour and slimmer than the old. This plant is also popularly known as least willow or snowed willow. This species grows maximum up to 6 cm (2.4 in) height from the ground but it spreads widely across the ground.
Scientific name: Salix herbacea
Higher classification: Willow
Height: 6 cm
Salix Herbacea Species
Salix Herbacea is one of the species of Salix or Willow. It has more than 400 different species of deciduous trees and shrubs which can be found in the arctic and subarctic environments of allover the world.
Related Coral Tree
Interesting Facts about Dwarf Willow/Salix Herbacea
- Dwarf Willow is one of the smallest woody plants in the world. Like other Salix genus, it also has both male and female catkins on separate plants.
- You can find these plants on both sides of North Atlantic, Northwest Asia, Northern Europe, Greenland, and Eastern Canada. Some of the Salix Herbacea were found in mountain ranges of the Pyrenees, the Alps, the Rila, and the northern Appalachian Mountains.
- These shrubs grow over the region of tundra and rocky moorland with over 1,500 m altitude in the south but it also has grown down to sea level in the Arctic regions.
- The leaves of Herbacea were deciduous, rounded, crenate to toothed and shiny green. The underside of the leaf will be pale green in colour.
- The male has dioecious (plant reproductive morphology) and the female plant has catkins (pollen grains) on separate plants. These things are used for plant reproduction.
- You can differentiate males and females when the catkin of these plants ripes. The male catkins will be in yellow colour and the female catkins will be in red colour.
- The lifespan of this species is around 12 – 43 years old, which grows quite faster than its other species.
- The fruit of this plant will be in a dark reddish-brown in colour.
- The seeds of this plant may spread widely through wind and partially spread by animals by attaching with them.
Dwarf Willow Images
Thanks for visiting newsbugz.com.
The Crew Movie (2024): Cast, Trailer, Songs, OTT, Release Date
The Crew is an upcoming Hindi language absurd comedy drama helmed by filmmaker Rajesh Krishnan of Tripling fame. This venture...
50 Best Web Series Of Rajsi Verma (2024)
Rajsi Verma is a bold actress and model hailed from Mumbai, Maharashtra. Her role as Bua in the Rocket web...
Vijay Muthaiya Wiki, Biography, Age, Movies, Family, Images
Vijay Muthaiya is the son of director Muthaiya, who is known for his film Komban. Muthaiya is casting his son...
Manjummel Boys (2024) Malayalam Movie Full HD Leaked Online On Isaimini
Manjummel Boys is the latest Malayalam movie that falls prey to piracy on the first day of its release. The...
List Of All Priya Gamre Web Series
Priya Gamre is a popular Hindi actress known for her works on OTT platforms like Ullu, Kooku, Primeplay, and more....
Jinnie Jaaz Web Series List : OTT & Story
Jinnie Jaaz is a popular actress known for her performance in the Charmsukh Jane Anjane Mein series. She worked on...
Noor Malabika All Web Series List 
Noor Malabika is a popular actress featured in some Ullu web series. Her Palang Tod series became very famous among...
Aliya Naaz All Web Series List 
Aliya Naaz web series is very popular among cinephiles as her performance will be realistic. Her story selection amazes everyone,...