Amazon Echo Dot is a hands-free, voice-controlled smart device which turns any home into a smart home with the Alexa app on a smartphone. The device uses Alexa voice service to play music, answer questions, provide information, news, set alarms, check your calendar, weather and sports scores, and more-instantly. Chech out below for Amazon Echo Dot Reviews, Features & Specifications.
Echo Dot connects with speakers and headphones through Bluetooth or 3.5 mm stereo cable to play music from services like Amazon Prime, Spotify, Saavn, iHeartRadio, and TuneIn. The Device includes a built-in speaker so it can work on its own as a smart alarm clock to wake you and an assistant in the kitchen, or anywhere you might want a voice-controlled computer.
Amazon Echo Dot has seven microphones, beam-forming technology, and noise cancellation, which helps to hear your voice from any direction, it works even in noisy environments and while playing music.
It controls lights and plugs with compatible connected devices from Philips, Syska and others. Alexa is always getting smarter with its new features and skills. Just ask Alexa to order Pizza or any food from Zomato, request a ride from Uber or Ola, book a carpenter from Urbanclap, and more. Using Alexa is very simple like just ask a question, and Alexa will respond instantly.
Amazon Echo Dot Features
- With its built-in Speaker, you can control the Amazon Echo Dot device in any room or spot. Use it as a smart alarm clock in the bedroom to wake you at time and use it in the kitchen to easily set timers and shop.
- Use Echo Dot to switch on the lights in the bedroom like dim the lights from the couch to watch a movie; it can be done without lifting a finger and even raising your voice. It works with devices such as smart lights and plugs from brands including Philips, TP-Link, SYSKA LED, Oakter, and more.
Smart Home Products:
- It Provides hands-free voice control for Amazon Music, Prime Music, TuneIn, Saavn, Spotify, iHeartRadio, and Pandora.
- The device helps you to play music across multiple Echo devices together like Spotify and Sirius XM, but Bluetooth would not be supported for multi-room music.
- Amazon Echo Dot has far-field voice recognition which consists seven microphones with enhanced noise cancellation. With a more powerful processor and improved wake-word performance to hear from any direction, even in noisy environments or while playing music.
- The user can easily setup and manage the Echo Dot with the free Alexa App on Fire OS, iOS, Android, and desktop browsers.
Buy Amazon Echo
Amazon Echo Dot
Size: 83.5 x 83.5 x 32 mm
Weight: 163 g
Wi-Fi Connectivity: Dual-band Wi-Fi supports 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4 and 5 GHz) networks. It does not support connection to ad-hoc Wi-Fi networks.
Bluetooth Connectivity: Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) support for audio streaming from mobile device to Echo Dot. Audio and Video Remote Control Profile for voice control of connected mobile devices. The device is not supported for Mac OS X devices.
Audio: Hands-free voice control device has a built-in speaker for voice feedback when not connected to external speakers. 3.5 mm stereo audio output for use with external speakers
System Requirements: The Alexa App is compatible with Android and iOS devices and desktop browsers. Particular skills and services are subject to change, may not be possible in all areas and may need separate subscriptions or payments.
The device is affordable which has same features as original Amazon Echo for half the price. It has voice activation support which response fast and it also can play music via external speakers.
Alexa App has mediocre sound quality. But there is no speaker for built-in audio playback, no inbuilt battery and it is not portable.
Watch Unboxing Video of Amazon Echo Dot
Click here for More Reviews and Technology News