Happy Easter Day 2021: Easter is also called “Pascha” or “Resurrection Sunday” is a festival celebrating the resurrection of Jesus from the dead. He became alive on the third day of his burial after his crucifixion by the Romans at the Calvary. It is a very important and happy day for Christians. Most Christians refer to the week before Easter as “Holy Week,” which contains the days of the Easter Triduum, including Maundy Thursday.
Commemorating the Maundy and Last Supper, as well as the Good Friday and Commemorating the Crucifixion and the death of Jesus. In Western Christianity, Eastertide, or the Easter Season, starts on Easter Sunday and lasts for seven weeks, ending with the coming of the fiftieth day. In Eastern Christianity, the season of Pascha begins on Pascha and ends with the coming of the fortieth day, which is the Feast of the Ascension. Check out below for Happy Easter Day Images, Wishes, Messages, Quotes & much more.
Easter and the holidays which are related to it are moveable ones, which do not fall on a fixed date in the Gregorian or Julian calendars, which follows only based on the cycle of the sun. Rather its date is fixed on a lunisolar calendar, which is similar to the Hebrew Calendar. The New Testament states that the rebirth of Jesus, which Easter celebrates, is the foundation of the Christian Faith. It also established Jesus as the mighty Son of God and is cited as the proof that the God will judge the world in righteousness.
History of Easter Day
The History of Easter Day can be traced to the year of A.D. 325.The resurrection of Jesus, as described in the new version of the Bible, is essentially the foundation for which the Christian religions are built. Hence, Easter is a significant date on the Christian Calendar. Based on the New Testament of Bible, Jesus was arrested by the Roman authorities, primarily because he claimed to be the “Son of God,” Some of the historians said that they had seen him as a threat to the Empire. Christian leaders could set a date for Easter by figuring three days after the Passover.
Many felt that the date should be continued based on the timing of the Resurrection during the Passover. Once the Jewish leaders decided the date of Passover each year, The Christian leaders set a date for Easter by figuring three days after Passover. Following this schedule, the Easter would be a different day of the week each year. Some other parts of people believe that the Lord rose on a Sunday and this day had been set aside as the Lord’s Day, This was the only possible day to celebrate His resurrection.
How to Celebrate Easter Day
Easter Day or Easter Sunday is the most significant day of the year for the Christians. The Christians primarily celebrate Easter Day. A lot of Churches start the Easter Sunday celebrations at Midnight on Easter Eve. Candles are used in the Churches all over the world to begin the Easter Day Midnight celebrations. Candles help the Christians to remember that the Jesus is the light of the world and that when he rose to life on the Easter Day and he got rid of the darkness of Evil. In some Churches the celebration starts in the dark and then twelve candles are lit, and these are taken to the rest of the church for lighting the other candles. When the Candle is lit then the Priest says ‘Christ is Risen!’ and the people in the church respond ‘He is Risen Indeed!’ Churches are filled with flowers on Easter Sunday, which represent new life. Many of Christians also go to Sunrise services held in the early morning to celebrate the start of the Easter Day, and the Easter Eggs are typically given out on the Easter Day.
Happy Easter Day Wishes & Messages
Here we listed out some of the Easter Day Wishes & Messages that you can use to wish your friends & family members.
- “May you feel the hope of new beginnings, love, and happiness during this joyful Easter holiday.” – Happy Easter Day!
- “I hope this Easter holiday fills your home with peace, joy, and plenty of colorful Easter eggs.” – Happy Resurrection Sunday to you!
- “Easter symbolizes the renewal of life. I wish you and your family the renewal of life, love, and happiness.” – Happy Easter Day!
- “May you feel the bright, joyful blessings God has to offer you during this Easter holiday.” – Happy Easter Day!
- “May the spirit of the Lord fill your home this Easter and all the rest of your days.” – Happy Resurrection Day!
- “Wishing you a very Happy Easter that is filled with plenty of love and happiness.” – Happy Easter Day!
- “Wishing you and your family the happiest Easter of all. God bless you now and always.” – Happy Resurrection Day!
- “Here’s to hoping this Easter holiday brings your family health, happiness, and lots of love.” – Happy Easter Day!
- “Sending you joyful hugs this Easter. May all of your dreams and wishes come true.” – Happy Resurrection Day!
- “May the Lord bless your home with happiness and unwavering faith this Easter.” – Happy Easter Sunday!
Happy Easter Day Quotes & Sayings
Here we listed out some of the Easter Day Quotes & Sayings that you can use to wish your friends & family members.
- “Easter is meant to be a symbol of hope, renewal, and new life.” – Janine di Giovanni
- “Here is the amazing thing about Easter; the Resurrection Sunday for Christians is this, that Christ in the dying moments on the cross gives us the greatest illustration of forgiveness possible.” – T. D. Jakes
- “Outside of the cross of Jesus Christ, there is no hope in this world. That cross and resurrection at the core of the Gospel is the only hope for humanity. Wherever you go, ask God for wisdom on how to get that Gospel in, even in the toughest situations of life.” – Ravi Zacharias
- “The great gift of Easter is hope – Christian hope which makes us have that confidence in God, in his ultimate triumph, and in his goodness and love, which nothing can shake.” – Basil Hume
- “Do not abandon yourselves to despair. We are the Easter people and hallelujah is our song.” – Pope John Paul II
- “Easter is very important to me, it’s a second chance.” – Reba McEntire
- “Easter is an arts and crafts moment where your whole family and friends can get involved.” – Alex Guarnaschelli
- “To a Christian, Easter Sunday means everything, when we celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ.” – Bernhard Langer
- “People come together with their families to celebrate Easter. What better way to celebrate than to spend a few hours going on the journey of Christ’s life.” – Roma Downey
- “Easter is a movable event, calculated by the relative positions of sun and moon, an impossible way of fixing year by year the anniversary of a historical event, but a very natural and indeed inevitable way of calculating a solar festival. These changing dates do not point to the history of a man, but to the hero of a solar myth.” – Annie Besant
Happy Easter Day Images
Check out the latest photos of Happy Easter Day,
Thank you for visiting NewsBugz.com.