The Indian Railways launched the Bharat Gaurav Scheme in November 2021 to promote tourism in India. The train will travel through historical destinations so that the passengers can gain knowledge about the nation’s rich cultural heritage. With 1100 passengers on board, the train left Coimbatore for Sainagar Shirdi on June 14, 2022. Let’s check out the Bharat Gaurav Train booking, price, timetable, stops, and route.
Features of Bharat Gaurav Train
- A doctor will be on board to handle any emergencies.
- Along with the Railway Police Force, private security is employed to protect the train from any harm.
- There will be electricians, an AC mechanic, and fire and safety officers on board.
- Branded housekeeping service providers will clean the utility areas on a regular basis.
- Chefs are skilled and knowledgeable about serving traditional vegetarian menus.
- The coaches are equipped with deep bass speakers and Radio Jockey to keep passengers entertained while traveling.
- Toxic-free and Smoke-free.
- There will be devotional songs, spiritual stories, and live interviews to make the journey more delightful.
What is the Bharat Gaurav Scheme?
According to this scheme, any private operator can lease trains from Indian Railways to run on a themed circuit as a special tourism package. The duration of this public-private partnership is a minimum of two years and a maximum of the coach’s service life. Also, the operator will get complete control over the route, halts, services provided, and tariff.
Each train will have 14 to 20 coaches (including two-guard or SLR coaches). However, the operator must handle all services like hotel accommodations, local transportation, and so on. These trains cannot be used as regular commuter trains between two points.
Who runs the Bharat Gaurav Train?
South Star Rail, a registered service provider operates the Bharat Gaurav Train. It is a part of Future Gaming & Hotel Services Pvt Ltd which is located in Coimbatore. They paid a security deposit of Rs 1 crore to Southern Railway for the rake of 20 coaches.
Bharat Gaurav Train: Coimbatore to Shirdi
The Bharat Gaurav Train from Coimbatore to Shirdi comprises 20 coaches in total. It includes one 1A coach, three 2A coaches, eight 3A coaches, five SL coaches, one Pantry car, and two SLR coaches. The bill comes up to Rs 2500, Rs 5,000, Rs 7,000 and Rs 10,000.
Coimbatore to Shirdi Stops
- Salem Jolarpet
- Bengaluru Yelahanka
- Mantralayam Road (5 hours halt)
Bharat Gaurav Train: Shri Ramayana Yatra
Bharat Gaurav Train started its journey at Delhi’s Safdarjung railway station on 21 June 2022. The train will cover a total distance of 8,000 km between India and Nepal on the Shri Ramayana Yatra Circuit. The total duration of the trip will be 17 Nights/18 days.
The trip costs Rs 65,000 per person. It will travel through Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, and Telangana states.
|Single Occupancy||Rs 71820|
|Double Occupancy||Rs 62370|
|Triple Occupancy||Rs 62370|
|A Child with Bed (5 -11 Years)||Rs 56700|
- Ayodhya: Ram Janmabhoomi temple, Hanuman Garhi, SaryuGhat.
- Nandigram: Bharat-Hanuman Temple and Bharat kund
- Janakpur: Ram-Janki Mandir.
- Sitamarhi: Janaki Mandir at Sitamarhi and Punaura Dham.
- Buxar: Ram Rekha Ghat, Rameshwar Nath Temple.
- Varanasi: Tulsi Manas temple, Sankat Mochan temple, Vishwanath temple & Ganga Aarti.
- Sita Samahit sthal, Sitamarhi: Sita Mata temple.
- Prayagraj: Bharadwaj Ashram, Ganga-Yamuna Sangam, Hanuman temple.
- Shringaverpur: Shringi Rishi Samadhi & Shanta Devi Temple, Ram Chaura.
- Chitrakoot: Gupta Godawari, Ramghat, Sati Anusuiya temple.
- Nasik: Trayambkeshwar temple, Panchvati, Sitagufa, Kalaram temple.
- Hampi: Anjanadri Hill, Virupaksha temple & Vitthal Temple.
- Rameshwaram: Ramnathswami temple and Dhanushkodi.
- Kanchipuram: Vishnu Kanchi, Shiva Kanchi and Kamakshi Amman temple
- Bhadrachalam: Sri Sitaram Swami Temple, Anjani Swami Temple.
How to Book Bharat Gaurav Train Ticket Online
Here are the steps to book Bharat Gaurav Tourist Train tickets online,
1. Visit the official website bharatgauravtrains.indianrailways.gov.in from a browser.
2. Login with your email and password or register a new account.
3. Once you logged in, validate your account with an OTP.
4. Select the train name and choose the class.
5. Next, pick up the date of the journey and the number of seats.
6. Complete the payment with your preferrable mode.
7. Take a printout of your Bharat Gaurav Train ticket.