Zika virus is the new transmissible disease spread by the bite of an infected Aedes species mosquito. It is to be noted that the same mosquito cause and transmits the disease including chikungunya, dengue, and yellow fever. According to the reports in Kerala, 13 persons were tested positive for the virus including 24-year-old pregnant women. For Pregnant women, it can transmit between mother and fetus in the womb and may cause complications like preterm birth and miscarriages. US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reported that people infected with the Zika virus can also transmit the disease to their partners.
Zika Virus Symptomps
According to a WHO report, most people with the Zika virus do not develop any symptoms. Some of the effects and symptoms can be caused by the Zika Virus,
- Head ache
- Mild fever
- Body pain
Prevention for the Zika virus
- Prevention from the Zika Virus is not spectific with necessary actions.
- Avoid from mosquito bites and give special attention to pregnant women and young children
- Use any moquito repellents and keep the surrounding clean and hygiene
Zika Virus Treatment
Though they are no particular medicine for the Zika virus, Here’s some of the advice that may help
- Treat the symptomps immediately
- Get adequate amount of rest
- Consume fluids to avoid dehydration
- Take a pills such as acetaminophen (Tylenol) to reduce fever and body pain
- Consult a doctor, before taking a medcine if you have any pre exisisting disease or any health issues
Stay tuned to Newsbugz.com for more updates.