Lisa Ray is an Indian Canadian actress, model, television host, philanthropist and social activist. She started her acting career in the year 1996 by appearing in a video song Afreen Afreen. Lisa made her acting debut with the Tamil movie Nethaji in the same year. She has also appeared in the Oscar nominated Canadian movie Water. The movie was premiered at the Toronto International Film Festival. Later she appeared in various Tamil, Telugu and Kannada movies.
Lisa Ray Biography
|Real Name||Lisa Ray|
|Profession||Actress, Model, Television host, Philanthropist and Social Activist|
|Date of Birth||4 April 1972|
|Age||47(as of 2019)|
|Family||Father: L. K. Dutta|
Mother: Jennifer Dutta
|Marital Status||Married (20 October 2012)|
|Husband||Jason Dehni (Management Consultant)(m. 2012 – present)|
|Children||Daughter: Twin Daughters|
|Educational Qualification||School: Etobicoke Collegiate Institute, Islington, Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
Richview Collegiate Institute, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Silverthorn Collegiate Institute, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
College: Central School of Speech and Drama, London
London Centre for Theatre Studies, London
Desmond Jones school of Physical Theatre, London
Academy of Live and Recorded Arts (ALRA), London
|Hobbies||Doing Philanthropy, Dancing, Listening to Music, Doing Yoga, Reading, Writing|
|Birth Place||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|Hometown||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|Current City||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
Lisa Ray Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lisaraniray/
Lisa Ray Twitter: https://twitter.com/Lisaraniray
Lisa Ray Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lisaraniray/
Interesting facts about Lisa Ray
- Lisa Ray was very friendly with her father and togther likes to watch Satyajit Ray and Federico Fellini.
- In the year 1990, she appeared before camera for the first time by featuring in the Bombay Dyeing Advertisement along with Karan Kapoor.
- She came to the limelight after appearing in the cover of Gladrags magazine by wearing a red Baywatch-style swimsuit.
- According to the Times of India Polling, she was ranked ninth in the list of most beautiful women.
- In 2009, she said that she was suffering with Multiple Myeloma at the Toronto International Film Festival.
- As a Philanthropist, she has done many campaigns and raised funds for many NGO’s.
Lisa Ray Images
Lisa Ray Movies
|2002||Choron Ka Chor|
|2002||Bollywood/Hollywood||Sunita “Sue” Singh|
|2004||Ball & Chain||Saima|
|2005||Seeking Fear||Nina Atwal|
|2006||Quarter Life Crisis||Angel Matthews|
|2006||A Stone’s Throw||Lia|
|2007||All Hat||Etta Parr|
|2007||I Can’t Think Straight||Tala|
|2008||Kill Kill Faster Faster||Fleur|
|2008||The World Unseen||Miriam|
|2009||Cooking with Stella||Maya Chopra|
|2010||Let the Game Begin||Eva Stout|
|2011||Patch Town||Bethany Franks|
Lisa Ray Television
|2007||Blood Ties||Elena||“Stone Cold”|
|2008||The Summit||Rebecca Downy||TV miniseries|
|2011||Murdoch Mysteries||Mirela||“The Black Hand”|
|2011||Endgame||Rosemary Venturi||Regular role|
|2012-2014||Top Chef Canada||Host||Seasons 2-4|
|2019||Four More Shots Please!||Samara Kapoor||Amazon Prime Original|
Lisa Ray Awards
- Voted Star of the Future at the 2002 Toronto International Film Festival.
- Top Ten most Beautiful Indian Woman of the Millennium by the Times of India
- Won the Best Actress in a Canadian film for Water by the Vancouver Critics Circle.
- Won ‘Voice Achievers Award for 2009’ for outstanding contribution in fields of film, trade, literature and sports.
- Named one of Canada’s 50 Most Beautiful Stars in Hello Canada’s May 2009 issue.
- Honored with Fortis Lisa Ray Award for Conquering Cancer in 2010.
- Honored with a Special Achievement Award at Miss India-Canada 2011.
- Named one of Canada’s 50 Most Beautiful Stars in Hello Canada’s May 2012 issue.
- Honored with People’s Choice Award at the ‘Light of India’ Awards 2012 in Arts & Entertainment section.
- Named one of Canada’s 50 Most Beautiful Stars in Hello Canada’s 2013 issue.
- Honored with the prestigious ‘Diamond Jubilee Medal’ in May 2013.
- Awarded the ‘Facing Cancer Together’ Look Good, Feel Better award in September 2012.
- Won Anokhi Prestige award in 2013 in the category of Canadian Actor of the Decade for movie Water.
- Awarded prestigious 2014 Women of Action Honoree by Israel Cancer Research Fund.
- Awarded Medscape award for Most Inspirational Fighter of India 2015.
Lisa Ray Philanthropy
- 2009 : 5K Your Way Walk/Run, MMWalk for the Cure
- 2009 : Plan Canada’s ‘Because I Am A Girl’ campaign
- 2010 : Plan Canada’s ‘Because I Am A Girl’ campaign
- 2010 : “1 a Minute”, to inspire women and give them hope
- 2010 : Estee Lauder Breast Cancer Awareness
- 2011 : ‘Make Myeloma Matter’ media campaign
- 2011 : Artbound, in support of Free The Children
- 2011 : GIRL 20 SUMMIT
- 2012 : BE FAIR 2 RARE
- 2012 : Wellspring Cancer ‘Graduate’ Fashion show
- 2012 : “Rhythm and Soul”-THE SPARK GALA 2012, to Ignite A Child’s Potential
- 2012 : Run or Walk, MM5K
- 2012 : Plan Canada’s ‘Because I Am A Girl’ campaign[
- 2012 : Ambassador for Pantene Beautiful Lengths campaign in Canada
Lisa Ray Ambassador
- Brand ambassador of Rado (watches) in India
- Lisa was named as the Ambassador for ‘Pantene Beautiful Lengths’ Campaign