World AIDS Day 2017: Global leaders have signed up in 2015 with the aim to achieve universal health coverage (UHC) by 2030 to the Sustainable Development Goals. The goal of UHC is to ensure that all people in the world should obtain the good health services they need without suffering financial risks and its framework lies at the centre of all health programmes.
The global World AIDS Day 2017 theme is “Right to health”. The World Health Organization had arranged the concerts and Events in over 30 Countries to highlight the need for all 36.7 million people living with HIV and those who are weak and affected by the epidemic, to attain the goal of universal health coverage.
Under the slogan “Everybody counts”, WHO will advocate for access to safe, effective, quality and affordable medicines, including diagnostics and other health commodities and the health care services for all people in need, while also ensuring that they are protected against financial hardship.
AIDS and Basic Facts about HIV
Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) is the virus that causes Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) that attacks the immune system, which is our body’s natural defence against illness. HIV patients suffer from some form of skin rashes in their lifetime. The virus destroys a type of white blood cell in the immune system. The weakened immune system can lead to opportunistic infections or infections that are more rampant than normal.
- There is an effective antiretroviral treatment available for people with HIV in which they can live a normal and healthy life.Regular testing and treatment for HIV are important.
- HIV is found in blood, vaginal, semen, and breast milk. It cannot be transmitted through sweat, saliva, urine.
- Using condoms during sex is the best way to prevent HIV and other sexually transmitted infections.
- If you inject drugs, use a clean needle and syringe, and never share equipment with others.
- If you are pregnant and living with HIV, the virus in your blood could pass into your baby’s body, or after giving birth through breastfeeding.
- Taking HIV treatment virtually protects this risk.
THEMES OF WORLD AIDS DAY
The themes of AIDS Day was created on every year by the UNAIDS, WHO and a large number of grassroots, national and international agencies which involve in the prevention and treatment of HIV/AIDS.
1988 – Communication
1989 – Youth
1990 – Women and AIDS
1991 – Sharing the Challenge
1992 – Community Commitment
1993 – Act
1994 – AIDS and the Family
1995 – Shared Rights, Shared Responsibilities
1996 – One World. One Hope.
1997 – Children Living in a World with AIDS
1998 – Force for Change: World AIDS Campaign With Young People
1999 – Listen, Learn, Live: World AIDS Campaign with Children & Young People
2000 – AIDS: Men Make a Difference
2001 – I care. Do you?
2002 – Stigma and Discrimination
2003 – Stigma and Discrimination
2004 – Women, Girls, HIV and AIDS
2005 – Stop AIDS. Keep the Promise
2006 – Stop AIDS. Keep the Promise – Accountability
2007 – Stop AIDS. Keep the Promise – Leadership
2008 – Stop AIDS. Keep the Promise – Lead – Empower – Deliver
2009 – Universal Access and Human Rights
2010 – Universal Access and Human Rights
2011 – Getting to Zero
2012 – Together we will end AIDS
2013 – Zero Discrimination
2014 – Close the gap
2015 – On the fast track to end AIDS
2016 – Hands up for #HIVprevention
Read also God of Medicine | Asclepius
AIDS and HIV Awareness
The awareness can be created by conducting concerts, events and programs, by social media, etc., You can wear the Red Ribbon on AIDS day to spread awareness to the people, and can give to your friends, Co-workers and families. It’s vital that everyone understands the dangers of AIDS/HIV.
Not just as a way to avoid contracting it, but to reduce the fear that surrounds this horrible condition. World AIDS day will help the peoples to remind that HIV is gone away, but there is a vital need to increase the money and to create awareness.
AIDS Prevention Activities
- Support by wearing red ribbon and raise the HIV awareness
- Distribute the red ribbons to your friends, Co-workers and families
- Join various fundraising schemes if you can’t secure finances for your events.
- Distribute brochures and educate people about prevention fo AIDS and HIV
- Host event and concerts in support of spreading awareness about the deadly disease.
- Involve as many stakeholders as you can local governing bodies, NGOs, afflicted individuals, and convince them to implement pro policies regarding rights and protection for HIV infected individuals.
Click here for Latest Updates
Watch MGR Magan Movie (2021) Online on Disney+ Hotstar
Bunty Aur Babli 2 Hindi Movie (2021) | Cast | Teaser | Trailer | Songs | Release Date
Sabhaapathy Movie (2021) | Sanathanam & Pugazh | Trailer | Songs
Radhe Shyam Movie (2022): Cast, Trailer, Songs, Release Date
Star Vijay TV Schedule | List of Programs and Timings
Dimple Hayathi Wiki, Biography, Age, Movies, Family, Images
Oh Manapenne Movie Leaked Online on Tamilrockers for Free Download
Watch Jai Bhim Movie (2021) Online on Amazon Prime Video
iBomma: Latest Collection of Movies Online For Free
Harish Parmar Wiki, Biography, Age, Wife, Images
Palang Tod Anniversary Gift Ullu Web Series (2021) Full Episode: Watch Online
Varudu Kaavalenu Movie (2021): Cast | Teaser | Songs | Release Date
Bigg Boss4 weeks ago
Bigg Boss Telugu Vote 2021 | Season 5 | Contestants List | Star Maa
Entertainment1 month ago
Super Singer Vote Season 8 (2021) | Online Voting | Contestants | Results | Vijay TV
Bigg Boss6 days ago
Bigg Boss Tamil Vote Online Season 5 (2021) | Contestants | Eliminations | Winner
Bollywood1 year ago
Todaypk Movies Download 2020: Bollywood, Telugu, Tamil, Hollywood Movies HD Free Download
Bigg Boss3 months ago
Bigg Boss Malayalam Vote Season 3 (2021) | Online Voting | Contestants | Eliminations | Winners
Entertainment2 years ago
Kurukshetra (2019) Full Kannada Movie Download Leaked Online by Tamilrockers & Movierulz
Entertainment1 month ago
Movierulz 2021: Everything You Need to Know About Movierulz Download Website
Latest News5 months ago
Jio Rockers 2021: Download Free HD Movies Online | Tamil, Telugu, Hindi