Coronavirus Lockdown: The Tamil Nadu government has announced a complete lockdown for four main districts in the state. On Monday, CM Edappadi K. Palaniswami and Public health and medical experts held a meeting at Secretariat. After a discussion, the government announces a full lockdown for the areas of Chennai, Tiruvallur, Chengalpet, and Kanchipuram from June 15th to June 30th in order to combat the spread of COVID-19 in the State.
- Tea shops will be closed down.
- All other shops will be allowed to open from 6 AM to 2 PM (this is in effect from June 16 (Tomorrow) itself)
- Medical and other essential services will be opened.
- Vegetable/fruit shops, provision stores, and petrol stations to operate from 6 AM to 2 PM.
- Public Distribution shops (PDS) will be allowed to remain open between 8.00 am to 2.00 pm. PDS will be closed completely for containment zones.
- For containment areas, the ration items and relief amounts will be distributed directly at their doors.
- Autos, taxi cabs will be allowed only for medical emergencies.
Thank you for Visiting Newsbugz.com.