Karnataka Election Result 2018 Live Updates: After Supreme Court observed that the BJP candidate for the Karnataka assembly election, BS Yeddyurappa took oath Karnataka Chief Minister on Thursday. During a rare post-midnight hearing on a petition against the Karnataka Governor Vajubhai Vala by the Congress-JD(S), the Supreme Court observed that the BJP candidate BS Yeddyurappa can be sworn in as Karnataka Chief Minister. The Congress, which had called Karnataka governor’s invite “an encounter of the constitution”, had argued that the BJP couldn’t claim to have a majority unless the BJP triggers defections.
In a surprising turn of events, Indian National Congress (INC) moved swiftly to offer support and the CM’s post to JD(S) after it became apparent that it was in no position to retain office. All eyes are now on Governor Vajubhai Vala who will decide whom to invite to form the next government. BS Yeddyurappa, the Legislature Party leader of BJP, submitted the papers of his election to Governor Vajubhai Vala. HD Kumaraswamy has been elected the House leader in JD(S) Legislature Party meeting. The BJP has won the elction with 104 seats in the 224-member House and emerged as the single largest party. The Indian National Congress (INC), gets 78 seats, and the JD(S) with 37 seats together they have 117 seats to form the government.
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) touched the half way mark in leads on 112 seats as votes are counted in the Karnataka assembly elections 2018, and BS Yeddyurappa, the BJP’s presumptive chief minister, will fly to Delhi today at 3pm to meet the party’s top leadership.
- BJP’s KS Eshwarappa is leading in Shivamogga constituency.
- JD(S) candidate Sharada Puryanaik is leading in Shimoga rural.
- Current CM Siddaramaiah loses from Chamundeshwari constituency.
- Leads show BJP has gained 28 seats in constituencies marked by agrarian crisis.
- BJP is leading on almost double the seats than those of Congress in both urban and rural areas of Karnataka.
- BJP is leading on maximum seats in both SC and ST constituencies across the state.
- Sensex surges over 200 points as early trends show a close fight between BJP and Congress
- BJP candidate Haratal Halappa is leading after round 4 in Soraba
- JD(S) candidate BA Jeevijaya is leading over sitting BJP MLA in Madikeri
- After the third round of counting, BJP candidate S Angara leads in Sullia after the third round of counting
- In Yeddyurappa’s stronghold, BJP is leading on 7 seats, Congress is leading on one while JD(S)+ is leading on 3 seats.
- Indian National Congress (INC) is now leading on 81 seats while BJP is leading on 93 seats. JD(S) is leading on 33 seats, as of 9.24am.
- JD(S) candidate Haradanahalli Devegowda Kumaraswamy is leading in Ramanagaram.
- BJP candidate B S Yeddyurappa is leading in his constituency Shikaripura.
- Indian National Congress (INC) moves up on 79 seats and BJP is ahead on 85 seats.
- Congress leading on 75 seats and BJP leading on 77 seats as of 9.02am.
- BJP leads Congress on 78 seats. Indian National Congress is leading on 67 seats, while JD(S)+ has moved up to lead on 25 seats.
- Siddaramaiah is leading in Badami.
- BJP is closing in, with 52 seats as of 8.31AM. Congress is leading on 58 seats. JD(S)+ is gaining, with leads on 16 seats for now.
- Indian National Congress (INC) has taken the lead on 45 seats at 8.26am.
- Congress chief minister candidate CM Siddaramaiah is tracing in Chamundeshwari. He is contesting from two main constituencies, Chamundeshwari and Badami.
- Indian National Congress (INC) is now leading on 22 seats, while BJP is closing up with 17. JD(S)+ has moved up to 7.
- BJP is leading on six seats, while JD(S)+ is ahead on three.
- Indian National Congress (INC) takes an early lead in counting; trends show the party is ahead on 18 seats.
Exit polls have predicted a competition between the leading contenders – the Indian National Congress (INC), the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), and the JD(S).
The race for Karnataka is officially on and voting has begun in the 222 of 224 constituencies in the state. The Karnataka Election Result 2018 will be announced later on May 13. The main contenders for power are the ruling Congress, BJP, and JDS.
Two of the Central government’s biggest parties has been campaigning aggressively in the Karnataka state election for the last few months. In an acrimonious campaign, PM Narendra Modi and Rahul Gandhi targeted each other in rival rallies. For Congress, retaining Karnataka is imperative, and it is the last major state held by the party under Rahul Gandhi, whose leadership will be tested for the first time since he took charge as party chief in December last year.
Karnataka Election 2018 Complete Schedule
|Poll Notification||April 17|
|Nomination last date||April 24|
|Scrutiny of Nominations||April 25|
|Last date to withdraw candidature||April 27|
|No. of Polling Stations||56,696|
|No. of Seats||224 (36 SC & 15 ST)|
|No.of Electors||4.9 crore|
|No. of Parliamentary constituencies||28|
This election is also important for the BJP to make in-roads into a southwestern region of India. In Karnataka election 2018, Lingayat votes will play a vital role. State Congress leader Siddaramaiah, the current chief minister of Karnataka, will be battling against BS Yeddyurappa for the chief minister’s place in the upcoming polls.
In 2011, Mr. Yeddyurappa was forced to step down as Karnataka chief minister in a full of corruption allegations by state’s ombudsman. Mr Yeddyurappa was accused in a mining scam.
In the year 2016, he was acquitted of charges of accepting payments worth Rs. 40 crore. When the election date was announced, it triggered a debate as the BJP IT Cell head tweeted the dates before the official announcement.
The Election Commission reported that they will look into leaks on dates. The ongoing term for the Karnataka assembly stops on May 28.
There are more than 4.98 crore voters in the state who are eligible to choose their representatives from a field of little over 2,600 candidates. Male voters for over 2.52 crore, women around 2.44 crore, while there are 4,552 transgender electors.
No party in Karnataka state has won a second successive term in office since 1985. The Congress is trying at retaining the only large state it rules after Punjab, while the BJP is attempting to form its government in Karnataka, which party president Amit Shah said will be its “gateway to the south,” for the second time.
The BJP had ruled Karnataka between 2008 and 2013. But its tenure was damaged by intraparty quarrels and accusations of corruption. One of its three chief ministers and its current BJP chief ministerial candidate BS Yeddyurappa were in jail on corruption charges. JD(S) state president Haradanahalli Devegowda Kumaraswamy has conceded it was a “battle for survival” for his party which has been powerless for a decade now.
Here are list the Exit poll results at a glance:
|Times Now VMR||90-103||80-93||31-39||2-4|
|India Today Axis My India||106-118||79-92||22-30||1-4|
|ABP News Cvoter||87-99||97-109||21-30||1-8|
|Poll of Polls NDTV||89||98||31||4|
Click here for Latest News.
Vaishnavi (Super Singer) Wiki, Biography, Age, Songs, Images
College Kumar Movie (2020) Cast | Teaser | Trailer | Release Date
Tejal (Super Singer) Wiki, Biography, Age, Songs, Images
Selfie Mummy Google Daddy Kannada Movie (2020) | Cast | Teaser | Trailer | Release Date
Harikrishnan (Super Singer) Wiki, Biography, Age, Songs, Images
Chasing Tamil Movie (2020) Cast | Teaser | Trailer | Release Date
Cobra Movie (Chiyaan Vikram 58): Cast, First Look, Teaser, Trailer, Songs, Release Date
Komal Sharma Wiki, Biography, Age, Movies, Images
Meghana Ellen Wiki, Biography, Age, Movies, Family, Images
Karthik Raja (Super Singer) Wiki, Biography, Age, Songs, Images
Kalazhagar (Super Singer) Wiki, Biography, Age, Songs, Images
Jayashree Maran (Super Singer) Wiki, Biography, Age, Songs, Images
Bigg Boss4 months ago
Bigg Boss Telugu Vote 2019 | Season 3 | Contestants List | Winners | Star Maa
Entertainment1 week ago
Super Singer Vote Junior Season 7 (2020) | Online Voting | Contestants | Results | Vijay TV
Bigg Boss5 months ago
Bigg Boss Tamil Vote Online Season 3 | Contestants | Eliminations | Winner
Bollywood3 months ago
Todaypk Movies Download 2019: Bollywood, Telugu, Tamil, Hollywood Movies HD Free Download
Entertainment7 months ago
Kurukshetra (2019) Full Kannada Movie Download Leaked Online by Tamilrockers & Movierulz
Entertainment3 months ago
Movierulz Movies Download HD 2020: New Telugu, Malayalam, Tamil, Hindi Movies | Alternatives
Latest News3 months ago
Jio Rockers Movies Download HD 2019: New Telugu, Tamil, Hindi Movies List | Alternatives
Latest News1 month ago
Khatrimaza Movies HD Download 2020: KhatrimazaFull New Bollywood, Hollywood and South Movies