APPSC which is known as Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission is a state-level competitive exam conducted to recruit officers in the Andhra Pradesh state administration. To crack the exam, candidates need guidance and more importantly to follow good books. Candidates who are going to appear for the APPSC exam should stay positive and remain focused and dedicate their schedule for the preparation of the exam. To crack the APPSC exam, candidates must follow the preparation strategy. Here, we have shared a blueprint to prepare for APPSC.
- Aspirants who belong to a Science or Engineering background should focus on the General Aptitude Paper (Second Paper). Within a few days, the candidate can quickly read up on these topics. They need to focus on the current affairs sections.
- The first area of study for candidates belonging to Arts background is the General Studies Paper (First Paper). Before completing the remaining topic, they should focus on the latest current affairs section.
- Before six months to one year of the APPSC exam, aspirants should go through the current affairs section.
To make stronger or build the Current Affairs section, aspirants should read at least two newspapers daily. To get updated on the latest affairs, candidates must read Telugu newspapers which are related to Andhra Pradesh, while for the other paper, candidates must read is English newspapers. By reading English newspapers, aspirants will develop more understanding of national and international current affairs.
- Candidates while focusing on the General Science section should read Andhra Pradesh APSCERT Textbooks. It will help to improve their knowledge about Physics, Chemistry, and Biology subjects. All important topics that are related to the General Science book studied from 6th to 10th standard.
- Candidates who belong to English Medium background can refer to the textbook of NCERT on Science. Most of the questions are asked from these books directly.
- Candidates need to prepare for three subtopics in this section – Ancient, Medieval, and Modern Indian History.
- Aspirants must emphasize subjects like Indian Economics, Indian Literature, Indian Political, Social, Cultural, Art, and Architectural aspects of history while preparing for the Indian History.
In the above section, we discussed how to prepare for specific sections. Now, let us discuss the general preparation strategies.
It is one of the important preparation tips for any exam. Without practice, candidates will not be able to solve the questions fast and will not be able to score good marks if there is a lack of practice. Practicing previous years’ questions papers will help a lot in scoring good marks in the exam. It will also help aspirants to understand the type of questions asked in the exam.
To crack the APPSC, candidates need to be super-determined. They should be consistent and always stick to the plan they have made. Depending on time, aspirants need to dedicate an average of two to four hours a day. Some qualities candidates need to inculcate among themselves are determination, discipline, perseverance, dedication, focus, etc.
Candidates will get a better result if they are familiar with the APPSC exam. They should build awareness by knowing about the eligibility criteria, examination process, exam pattern, necessary qualifications, syllabus, services and posts, salary, allowances, pay scale, etc.
To know and understand the syllabus and exam pattern thoroughly is one of the important preparation tips to crack the APPSC exam. Candidates should know the priority topic and subtopic that are covered in the syllabus. They should also know the pattern of exams i.e marking scheme, types, and a number of questions, time duration, etc.
To crack the APPSC exam, a candidate needs to follow a proper timetable. Creating a proper timetable is necessary to start the plan properly.
Candidates should practice previous years’ question papers to manage their time efficiently. They should complete the exam within the given time. It is another preparation strategy to crack the APPSC exam.
The importance of staying motivated is another important preparation that a candidate should keep in mind before appearing in the APPSC exam. Candidates need to be relaxed and stay motivated because motivation is the important factor that helps a candidate to perform well in the exam.
Selecting a good book plays an important role in cracking the APPSC exam. Aspirants should be very much careful before choosing the right books. Most of the toppers refer to the State board and NCERT books. Aspirants who are going to appear for the APPSC exam can refer to the books they studied from the 6th to 12th standard. In addition to the State board/ NCERT books and notes, candidates are advised to follow some of the recommended books for APPSC preparation as mentioned in the below table:
|Name of the Book||Author’s name|
Thus, to crack the APPSC exam is not at all easy due to more competition. But, careful planning and strategy make a candidate succeed in the exam on the first attempt. If aspirants are very much determined to crack the APPSC exam on the first attempt, then they can follow the preparation tips which are discussed in the above article.
Thank you for visiting newsbugz.com.