Happy Raksha Bandhan 2020: Raksha Bandhan or Rakshabandhan or Rakhi is a sacred thread of protection decorated with the love and affection of a sister for her brother. The bond between sister and brother is always unique and it always has some importance in every part of the world. When it comes to India, the relationship between the siblings is very important and “Raksha Bandhan” is dedicated to honouring the sibling’s love. Rakhi is also mostly celebrated in India and Nepal to symbolize the bond between sister and brother. Rakshabandhan is celebrated on the full moon day of Hindu lunisolar calendar in the Shravana month which typically falls on the August month of the Gregorian calendar. In 2018, it will be celebrated on the August 26.
According to Sanskrit terminology, Raksha Bandhan means “a tie or knot of protection” where the name “Raksha” stands for protection and “Bandhan” stands for the tie. Together, the occasion symbolizes the eternal love of the brother-sister relationship which doesn’t mean just the blood relationships only.
History of Raksha Bandhan
There are several stories are related to the celebration of Raksha Bandhan and some of the famous stories related to this Hindu Mythology are:
- Indra Dev and Sachi – As per the ancient myth of Bhavishya Purana, there was an intense battle between Gods and demons at once. Lord Indra, who fought on the behalf of Gods had faced a tough resistance from the powerful demon king, Bali. The battle continued for a long time and it didn’t come on a decisive end. On seeing this, Indra’s wife Sachi went to the Lord Vishu who gave her a holy bracelet made up of cotton thread. Then Sachi tied the holy thread around the Lord Indra’s wrist, who ultimately defeated the demon and recovered the Amaravati. The earlier account of Raksha Bandhan described these holy threads which were used by the women’s for prayers and were knotted on their husband’s wrist when they were leaving for war. Unlike present times, those holy threads aren’t limited to brother-sister relationships.
- King Bali and Goddess Lakshmi – When Lord Vishnu won three worlds from the demon king Bali, Vishnu was asked by the demon king to stay beside him in the palace. The Lord Vishu accepted the request and started living with the king Bali. But Goddess Lakshmi, wife of Lord Vishnu wanted to return to his native place of Vaikuntha. For that, she tied a rakhi around the demon king’s wrist and requested the king to free her husband from the vow. King Bali accepted the request and Lord Vishu had returned to his place with his wife, Goddess Lakshmi.
Celebrations on Raksha Bandhan
Raksha Bandhan is usually celebrated as a symbol of love between sisters and brothers. The festival is meant to celebrate any type of sister-brother relationship between men and women who may not be biologically related. On the Rakhi Day, sisters will tie a rakhi around the wrist of their brother’s in order to pray for his health, prosperity and well-being. In return, the brother’s will offer sisters the gifts and promises to protect his sisters under every circumstance.
Happy Raksha Bandhan Wishes and Quotes
- “You were always my best friend, looking out for me, making sure the path I travelled on was smooth. Even if I searched the world over, there cannot be a better brother than you.” – Happy Raksha Bandhan My Bro
- “We were always close, looking out for each other even when life led us along different paths. Like an invisible thread, our love binds us together, making sure we’ll remember where we came from and what we mean to each other. Wishing you a joyous Raksha Bandhan, Dear Brother.”
- “The loving occasion of Raksha Bandhan is the best time brother, to reminisce fondly the wonderful moment we have spent together, sharing each other’s joys and sorrows. Thanks for spreading smiles everywhere and making life so beautiful, meaningful and happy… My Dear Brother.”
- “You never say no, you never say anything’s impossible and you never say you can’t. That’s my bro, a superman who make things possible and who make paths smoother. I love you bro.”
- “You have always stood by me, encouraged me with your inspiring words, and helped me overcome my failures. Dear brother, thanks for all that you have done for me.” – Happy Raksha Bandhan!
- “Dear brother, thanks for all that you have done for me. Glad to have a brother like you.” Happy Raksha Bandhan.
- “On this Rakhi, let’s bring back the lively spirit of childhood, play pranks with each other and become that wacky sibling we were always.” Happy Raksha Bandhan.
- “Dear Brother, while tying this Rakhi, I pray to God for your peace, happiness and prosperity. A warm and loving person like you deserves the best of life.” Happy Rakhi Day.
- “You helped me while I was in trouble, you made me feel safe when I was scared and other things you did to make me happy. Thanks are insufficient for all this.” Happy Raksha Bandhan to you, Brother
- “I feel so blessed and treasured to have a brother like you in my life. You like an Angel are always there when I need you. Thanks Brother and have a happy Raksha Bandhan.”
Happy Raksha Bandhan Images
Thank you for visiting newsbugz.com.
Shivani Narayanan Images, HD Photos, Wallpapers, Latest Photoshoot
Madhan Maddy (Narikootam) Wiki, Biography, Age, Videos, Images
Rajshree Rajan (Narikootam) Wiki, Biography, Age, Videos, Images
Super Singer Champion of Champions (2020) | Star Vijay TV
Sadak 2 Hindi Movie (Disney+ Hotstar) | Cast | Trailer | Release Date
Kamiya Jani (Curly Tales) Wiki, Biography, Age, Movies, Images
Lakshya Handa Wiki, Biography, Age, Serials, Images
Sarkaru Vaari Paata Movie (2021): Cast, Trailer, Songs, Release Date
BREAKING: Suriya Breaks Silent on Meera Mithun’s Controversial Statement
Pagalworld Movies 2020: Pagal World Latest Music, Mp3 Songs, Movies, Video, Ringtone Free Download
Malavika Mohanan Photo Gallery
Trap City Movie (GV Prakash) 2020: Cast | Songs | Trailer
Bigg Boss9 months ago
Bigg Boss Telugu Vote 2019 | Season 3 | Contestants List | Winners | Star Maa
Entertainment6 months ago
Super Singer Vote Junior Season 7 (2020) | Online Voting | Contestants | Results | Vijay TV
Bigg Boss4 months ago
Bigg Boss Tamil Vote Online Season 3 (2020) | Contestants | Eliminations | Winner
Bollywood4 months ago
Todaypk Movies Download 2020: Bollywood, Telugu, Tamil, Hollywood Movies HD Free Download
Entertainment1 year ago
Kurukshetra (2019) Full Kannada Movie Download Leaked Online by Tamilrockers & Movierulz
Entertainment3 months ago
Movierulz 2020: Everything You Need to Know About Movierulz Download Website
Latest News3 months ago
Jio Rockers 2020: Download Free HD Movies Online | Tamil, Telugu, Hindi
Latest News7 months ago
Khatrimaza Movies HD Download 2020: KhatrimazaFull New Bollywood, Hollywood and South Movies