Happy International Mother’s Day 2020: International Mother’s Day is celebrated on the “Second Sunday in every May.” The contribution and significance of a mother in our lives cannot be interpreted. More than bringing us into this world, they face extreme hardships to raise us in this society. Hence every year, the Second Sunday of May is devoted to these selfless souls.
Mother’s Day is a day to celebrate the contribution and countless sacrifices of Mother’s. It is also a day when the moms are supposed to be pleased and acknowledged for their presence in our lives. International Mother’s Day is celebrated to salute the motherhood as well as increasing the maternal bonds to children. It is also observed to improve the influence of mothers in society. In some countries, Mother’s Day is celebrated on different dates. In India, it will be celebrated on the Second Sunday of May. Mother is indeed a blessing and the best gift given to us by God.
History of International Mother’s Day
The modern celebration of Mother’s Day is connected with two women’s – Anna Jarvis and Julia Ward Howe. In 1870, Julia Ward Howe called for International Mother’s Day to be celebrated every year. Under her sponsorship, Mother’s Day continued to be held in Boston for nearly ten years. Some sources also state that Juliet Calhoun Blakely started Mother’s Day in Albion, Michigan, in the late 1800s. Her sons paid tribute to her each year and urged others to honour their mothers.
Anna Jarvis in 1907 held a private Mother’s Day celebration to honour her Mother, Ann Jarvis in Grafton, West Virginia. She also played a crucial role in 1908 to arrange a church service which attracted 407 children and their mother’s. In 1912, Mother’s Day International Association was formed to promote the Mother’s Day in other countries. From then, the day was grown popularly all around the world. Nowadays, it is celebrated in several countries like UK, India, US, China, Mexico, Italy, Denmark, Finland, Australia, Turkey, Canada, Belgium and Japan. People around the world celebrate this day with great excitement and joy by creating several activities to pay tribute to their lovely mothers.
How to Celebrate International Mother’s Day 2020
Mother’s Day is a special day for everyone to honour their mother’s. You can celebrate this day by:
- Present your mother with the card, flowers, and cakes.
- You can gather your family members for a Lunch or Dinner.
- Family Breakfasts, Lunch and Dinner either at home or ar cafe or at a restaurant.
- Spend an entire day with your Mother and present them a Gift of Chocolates, Accessories, Clothing, Jewellery, Handmade items or gift vouchers.
- Spend some time at the movies with your mother.
- If you are away from your mother, give them surprise visit or send some mother’s day poems or messages.
- You can use below-mentioned Wishes, Quotes, Images & Messages to wish your mother on this day.
- You can also celebrate the day by participating in some Mothers day contest.
Happy Mothers Day Wishes & Messages
Here are the Top 10 Happy Mothers Day Wishes & Messages to wish your Mother on International Mother’s Day
- “You’re my one and only mom, and I’ll always have a special place in my heart for you.” – Happy International Mother’s Day!
- “I’m so proud to be your kid.” – Happy Mother’s Day !
- “Right from the start, you were the one who nurtured me, prayed over me, worried about me, guided me and supported me in every pursuit. Thank you for being there every day with just the love I needed.” – Happy International Mother’s Day !
- “Now that I’m grown, I realize I don’t just feel gratitude for you—but admiration. I’d want to pattern my life after yours even if you weren’t my mother.” – Happy Mother’s Day
- “Raising me took a lot of patience. Thanks for hanging in there with me.” – Happy International Mother’s Day
- “To Mom, with love, from your favourite child.” – Happy Mother’s Day
- “Mom, I was lucky enough to inherit your eyes and your sense of humour. I keep hoping I’ll get your lie-detector capabilities, too!” – Happy International Mother’s Day 2018
- “With love from the luckiest [son] in the world.” – Happy Mother’s Day
- “Sorry if I drove you crazy sometimes. I only did it because I love you!” – Happy International Mother’s Day
- “To my mom, my friend, my angel.” – Happy Mother’s Day
Happy Mothers Day Quotes
Here are the Top 10 Happy Mother’s Day Quotes & Sayings to wish your Mother on International Mother’s Day
- “Mothers and their children are in a category all their own. There’s no bond so strong in the entire world. No love so instantaneous and forgiving.” – Gail Tsukiyama.
- “My mother… she is beautiful, softened at the edges and tempered with a spine of steel. I want to grow old and be like her.”- Jodi Picoult.
- “This is what we do, my mother’s life said. We find ourselves in the sacrifices we make.”- Cammie McGovern.
- “A mother’s love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dates all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path.”- Agatha Christie.
- “Mothers were the only ones you could depend on to tell the whole, unvarnished truth.”- Margaret Dilloway.
- “Mom had the kind of love for her that you could feel, like it was part of the atmosphere.”- Peter Abrahams.
- “Mama was my greatest teacher, a teacher of compassion, love and fearlessness. If love is sweet as a flower, then my mother is that sweet flower of love.”- Stevie Wonder.
- “Only mothers can think of the future – because they give birth to it in their children.” – Maxim Gorky.
- “Blessed is a mother that would give up part of her soul for her children’s happiness.” – Shannon L. Alder.
- “Mothers are great for activating the curiosity of young children. A mother is a child’s first creative teacher.”- Reed B Markham
Happy Mothers Day Images 2020
Here are the Top 10 Happy Mothers Day Images to wish your Mother on International Mother’s Day
For More Celebrations, Click Here.
Bombhaat Telugu Movie (2020): Cast, Trailer, Songs, Release Date
Friendship Tamil Movie (2020): Cast | Teaser | Trailer | Songs | Release Date
Tamilrockers Leaks Netflix Choked Movie
Deepika Pilli (TikTok Star) Wiki, Biography, Age, Videos, Images
Nacho Vidal (Adult Star) Wiki, Biography, Age, Movies, News, Images
A (AD INFINITUM) Movie (2020): Cast, Trailer, Songs, Release Date
Preethi Asrani Wiki, Biography, Age, Movies, Family, Images
World Environment Day 2020: Images, Themes, Slogans, Quotes & Messages
GVM’s Oru Chance Kudu Song Goes Viral
Aarya Web Series
Sayli Patil Wiki, Biography, Age, Movies, Web Series, Images
Deepthi Manne Wiki, Biography, Age, Movies, Images
Bigg Boss7 months ago
Bigg Boss Telugu Vote 2019 | Season 3 | Contestants List | Winners | Star Maa
Entertainment4 months ago
Super Singer Vote Junior Season 7 (2020) | Online Voting | Contestants | Results | Vijay TV
Bigg Boss2 months ago
Bigg Boss Tamil Vote Online Season 3 (2020) | Contestants | Eliminations | Winner
Bollywood1 month ago
Todaypk Movies Download 2020: Bollywood, Telugu, Tamil, Hollywood Movies HD Free Download
Entertainment10 months ago
Kurukshetra (2019) Full Kannada Movie Download Leaked Online by Tamilrockers & Movierulz
Entertainment3 weeks ago
Movierulz 2020: Everything You Need to Know About Movierulz Download Website
Latest News4 weeks ago
Jio Rockers 2020: Download Free HD Movies Online | Tamil, Telugu, Hindi
Latest News4 months ago
Khatrimaza Movies HD Download 2020: KhatrimazaFull New Bollywood, Hollywood and South Movies