Happy Baisakhi 2018: Baisakhi festival falls on April 14th and marks the beginning of the solar year. People in North India, especially in Punjab thank God on this day for good harvest. The processions and the traditional performances are the highlights of the day. Baisakhi has particular significance for the Sikhs as on this day in 1699, their tenth Guru Gobind Singh Ji orga. It is named after the New Year according to the solar calendar followed in Punjab. It is celebrated on the first day of the month of Solar Calendar. The Sikhs and Hindu Punjabis celebrate it, but the significance of this festival is different for both of these communities. Baisakhi is celebrated with great enthusiasm and vigor. Villages, Cities, and towns will be decorated with the lively look with the colorful flags. Particular folk song and dance performances are organized on this day.
History of Baisakhi
The History of Baisakhi can be traced back to the year 1567. Guru Amar Das was standardized the day as a day of togetherness among Sikhs. On the same day in 1699, Guru Gobind Singh authorized the Khalsa Panth or the “Order of the Pure Ones.” He also provided the title of Panj Pyare to five volunteers who were ready to sacrifice their lives for their Guru. Then they also eliminated the caste differences in the Sikh Community. Baisakhi was named after the New Year according to the solar calendar, which is followed in Punjab. Both Hindu and Sikh communities celebrate this day with their own beliefs about the festival. According to the Hindus, it is also believed that the Goddess Ganga came to the earth on Baisakhi. This day is celebrated as to honor as well as the members of the Hindu community by visiting the holy centers around the Ganges.
Baisakhi is also considered as an important day for the farmers as it has the harvest season. In that season the crops are harvested with great joy as it symbolizes the year has ended on the happy note. This eco-cultural significance of the Baisakhi is related to the farmers of the religion they follow.
How to Celebrate Baisakhi
The celebration of Baisakhi Day can be made in two types, and One belongs to the Sikh community and the other to the farming community in Punjab.
Baisakhi Celebrations by the Sikh Community
It is considered as the day of religious devotion, men, women, and children wake up before the dawn, and take a bath, wear new clothes and visit the neighborhood Gurudwara, where they provide different prayers. After the presentation of religious songs and speeches, kada Prashad (sweetened semolina) will be distributed to all the devotees. The biggest Gurudwaras in Punjab has seen the most significant number of devotees on this day.
Baisakhi Celebrations by the Farming Community
Just like the Sikh community, Baisakhi celebrations begin early in the village as well. Men and women will be worn vibrantly colored clothes and go singing and dancing towards the fields. The day will be colorful to see, where men and women perform Punjab’s folk dance performances, Bhangra and Gidda. Apart from the folk dance performances, sessions of wrestling and kabaddi matches are also organized.
Happy Baisakhi Wishes & Messages
- “I express my heartiest wishes to you and your family on the wonderful occasion of Baisakhi. May this be the start of a lucky year ahead!” – Happy Baisakhi!
- “May this celebration of Baisakhi give your life a new beginning. May give you a positive way of living and above all.” – Happy Baisakhi!
“May you get showered with blessings of God while you walk on a path of truth.” – Happy Baisakhi!
- “May you come up as bright as Sun, as cool as water and as sweet as honey. Hope this Baisakhi fulfills all your desires and wishes.” – Happy Baisakhi!
- “I wish you a very Happy Baisakhi. May Wahe Guruji accept your good deeds and convey all the years full of love and happiness.” – Happy Baisakhi!
- “It’s Baisakhi! So get into the joyful mood and let your heart dance to the rhythm of the drums.” – Happy Baisakhi!
- “May the joyful festival of Baisakhi usher in good times and happiness that you so rightly deserve.” – Happy Baisakhi!
- “May this Baisakhi carry prosperity of luck and oceans of delight in your life.” – Happy Baisakhi!
- “Hope this harvest season brings never-ending joy and prosperity to you and your family. Wishing you a very happy and prosperous” – Baisakhi!
- “May this special day of Baisakhi hold in store- the fulfillment of all hopes and dreams that you desire for.” – Happy Baisakhi
Happy Baisakhi Quotes
- “It’s Baisakhi! The time to harvest the ripening Rabi crop. So get into the festive mood and let your heart dance to the rhythm of the drums.” – Happy Baisakhi!
- “Happy Baisakhi to all my friends. May Wahe Guruji bless all souls with happiness and long life.” – Happy Baisakhi!
- “Happy Baisakhi to all my beloved Punjabi brothers and sisters. May you all have a very wonderful day, full of joy and happiness.” – Happy Baisakhi!
- “Happy Baisakhi to all my Sikh brothers and sisters. I hope celebrations of the day are as colorful and cheerful for you as ever.” -Happy Baisakhi!
- “Happy Birthday to Khalsa. A reminder to forever stand up, speak up and fight against injustice.” – Happy Baisakhi!
- “Happy Baisakhi to all friends. I hope celebrations of the day are as colorful and joyous for you as ever.” – Happy Baisakhi!
- “May the cheerful festival of Baisakhi usher in good times and happiness that you so rightly deserve. Have a wonderful day.” – Happy Baisakhi!!
- “May this special day of Baisakhi hold in a store the fulfillment of all hopes and dreams that you aspire for. Have a joyous Baisakhi.” – Happy Baisakhi!
- “May your Baisakhi be blessed with the bounty of the season and harvest of joy and prosperity.” – Happy Baisakhi!
- “I wish you a very Happy Baisakhi. May Wahe Guruji accept your good deeds, bring all the years full of love and contentment” – Happy Baisakhi!
Happy Baisakhi Images
Thank you for reading the post. Visit newsbugz.com for more Celebration Days.
Velaikkaran Serial (Star Vijay TV) | Cast | Episodes | Promo
Watch Andhaghaaram Movie on Netflix (2020) | Arjun Das
Udbhav Raghunandan (Punarnavi Husband) Wiki, Biography, Age, Movies, Images
Poojitha Kuraparthi Wiki, Biography, Age, Movies, Images
Rudhran Movie (2021): Raghava Lawrence | Cast | Trailer | Songs | Release Date
Star Vijay TV Schedule | List of Programs and Timings
The Producer Ullu Web Series (2020): Cast | Trailer | Full Episodes
Behru Priya Kooku Web Series (2020): Cast | Trailer | Release Date
Navarasa Netflix Movie (2020): 9 Emotions 9 Stories
Erida Movie (2021): Cast | Trailer | Songs | Release Date
Chitthi Kooku Web Series (2020): Cast | Trailer | Full Episode
Lips Don’t Lie Web Series (Gemplex) 2020: Cast | Trailer | Full Episode
Bigg Boss3 days ago
Bigg Boss Telugu Vote 2020 | Season 4 | Contestants List | Star Maa
Entertainment8 months ago
Super Singer Vote Junior Season 7 (2020) | Online Voting | Contestants | Results | Vijay TV
Bigg Boss2 weeks ago
Bigg Boss Tamil Vote Online Season 4 (2020) | Contestants | Eliminations | Winner
Bollywood6 months ago
Todaypk Movies Download 2020: Bollywood, Telugu, Tamil, Hollywood Movies HD Free Download
Entertainment1 year ago
Kurukshetra (2019) Full Kannada Movie Download Leaked Online by Tamilrockers & Movierulz
Entertainment6 months ago
Movierulz 2020: Everything You Need to Know About Movierulz Download Website
Latest News6 months ago
Jio Rockers 2020: Download Free HD Movies Online | Tamil, Telugu, Hindi
Latest News9 months ago
Khatrimaza Movies HD Download 2020: KhatrimazaFull New Bollywood, Hollywood and South Movies