What is GST Registration?
GST Registration is needed for all the suppliers who run their business across India. Every business who are carrying out a taxable supply of goods or services under GST regime and whose turnover exceeds the threshold limit of Rs. 20 lakh/ 10 Lakh as applicable will be required to register as a normal taxable person.
What Is the Necessary For GST Registration?
GST Registration must be done by all the companies, small startups, industries who make a profit over the prescribed turnover limit in India. They should register under the GST Act to follow single tax payment rules. The brief details about GST registration provided in Savemygst.com. Under this act, all the unauthorised organisation will be eliminated.
Benefits of Registering under GST?
You will get the following advantages for registering your business under GST.
- Legal recognition as a supplier of goods and services.
- Proper accounting of GST can be used as an advantage during payment of GST on goods and services.
- Can legally collect tax from your purchasers and pass on the credit to the goods and services.
Liability for Registration in GST
|Special Category States (Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, Tripura, Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand)||Rs 10 Lakhs
|Rest of India||Rs 20 Lakhs
Documents Needed For New GST Registration
- Must have proper PAN card
- Proof and details of Rental Lease, electricity bill and Property Tax Receipt of the place of the premises located
- Proof of the partners, members, Directors and article of association/ certification of incorporation
- Bank account details
- Aadhar Card
Steps for New GST Registration
There are few liabilities followed on registering for the GST across India. If you come to the special category states (Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Tripura, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, and Sikkim), the aggregate turnover could be 10 Lakhs. For rest of India could be 20 Lakhs.
Follow the simple steps below for new GST registration:
- First, open the GST registration page by clicking the link provided on the official website
- Fill part A Form for GST REG-01. Fill the details like PAN number, mobile number, E-mail id, etc. Then click the submit button.
- Now PAN number is verified on GST portal. Mobile number, email id confirmed with OTP password.
- After this process, you will receive application reference number on your mobile number and email.
- Fill part B Form GST REG-01 and enter your application reference number. Then attach other Necessary documents and submit the form.
GST Registration Process
Documents Needed To Upload For New GST Registration
Photo: Photos of partners, Proprietor, Directors, committee members, individual, etc. and also the signature.
Proof Of Company: Deed of Partnership, registration certificate/ proof of constitution.
Proof for Premises:
Own Premises: Document related to own premises like latest tax paid receipt or municipal receipt or electrical bill copy.
Rental Premises: Copy of a lease agreement with owner’s documents like property tax bill, electrical bill, etc.
Bank Account Details: Scanned copy of bank account details and bank statement.
Authority Proof: Upload authorised signatory of each member or committee or management in described format.
- If any additional information required, Form GST REG-03 provided. You need to respond on Form GST REG-04 within seven days from the date of GST REG-03 Form received.
- If all the required documents provided in Form GST REG -01 or 04. The certificate of registration Form GST REG -06 will be given within three days.
- If the details not satisfied, the registration of your application will get rejected using the Form GSTREG-05.
Click here for More GST News
Penalties for Not Registering Under GST
Every Businessperson whose turnover exceeds the threshold limit of Rs. 20 lakh/ 10 Lakh as applicable will be required to register. If they did a genuine error like not paying tax or even making short payments, they have to pay a penalty of 10% of the tax amount due subject to a minimum of Rs.10,000. If he escaped, the penalty will be high at 100% of the tax amount.
Know More about GST
- What is GST? All You Need to Know about GST Law
- GST Invoice Format and Rules | All About Invoicing Under GST
- Save My Tax Launches GST Compliance Software for Tax Practitioner’s, Traders & MSMEs
- Insulin, Movie Tickets Will Be Cheaper After GST
- Gst Rate Cut On Merchant Services To 5% From 18% | Relief For Workers
- Jewellers Welcome GST 3% Boosted on Gold
- GST To be Executed From July 1 | To Bring Uniformity of Tax Laws