Arvind Kejriwal is an Indian politician and a former revenue service official who is the current Chief Minister of Delhi. He is the social convener of the Aam Aadmi Party. His party AAP has rewritten the grammar of politics in Delhi after winning the 2015 Assembly elections, got a clear majority 67 out of 70 assembly seats. He is the 7the chief minister of Delhi since February 2015. Check out below for Arvind Kejriwal Wiki, Biography, Age, Wife, Aam Aadmi Party, Achievements
Arvind Kejriwal Profile and Family
Arvind Kejriwal was born on 16 August 1968 in Bhiwani, Haryana. He came from a well-educated family, His Gobind Ram Kejriwal was an electrical engineer from the Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra while his mother Gita Devi is a housewife. He has a younger brother and a younger sister.
His father’s work-related transfers led him to live in several different places. Consequently, Arvind Kejriwal had to spend his childhood mostly in towns like Hisar, Ghaziabad, and Sonepat.
Kejriwal is married to Sunita, his batchmate from the National Academy of Administration, Mussoorie. Sunita Kejriwal is an IRS officer. They have two children – a daughter named Harshita, and a son, Pulkit. Arvind Kejriwal is a pure vegetarian and has been a regular practitioner of Vipassana.
In 2006, Arvind Kejriwal was awarded the Ramon Magsaysay Award for Emergent Leadership recognising his involvement in the grassroots movement Parivartan using right to information legislation in a campaign against corruption.
The same year, he resigned from the IRS and granted his Magsaysay award money as a corpus fund to organise the Public Cause Research Foundation in 2012, a non-governmental organisation (NGO).
Arvind Kejriwal Biography
|Real Name||Arvind Kejriwal|
|Date of Birth||16 August 1968|
|Age||50 (as of 2019)|
|Family||Father: Gobind Ram Kejriwal (Electrical Engineer)|
Mother: Gita Devi
Sister: Ranjana (Doctor)
Brother: Manoj (Software Engineer)
|Children||Son: Pulkit Kejriwal|
Daughter: Harshita Kejriwal
|Educational Qualification||Mechanical Engineering Graduate|
|School||Campus School, Haryana|
Holy Child School, Haryana
|College||Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur|
|Birth Place||Bhiwani, Haryana, India|
|Hometown||Bhiwani, Haryana, India|
|Current City||Delhi, India|
Arvind Kejriwal’s Official Profiles
Arvind Kejriwal Professional Background
In 1989, Arvind Kejriwal graduated in mechanical engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur. He also spent some time at the Ramakrishna Mission and Nehru Yuva Kendra in Kolkata.
After completing his studies in mechanical engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, he joined Tata Steel. He can’t concentrate on the job while he was trying for the Civil Services examination.
In 1992. he quit his job from the Tata Steel. In the same year, he cleared the Civil Services examination. He worked in the Indian Revenue Service as a Joint Commissioner of the Income Tax Department in New Delhi.
And in February 2006, he resigned the service from the Income Tax Department. He also assisted in forming the NGO Parivartan while working as the Income Tax Officer in December 1999.
Aam Aadmi Party (AAP)
In 2012, Arvind Kejriwal launched the Aam Aadmi Party on 26 November 2012, and the party won in the 2013 Delhi Legislative Assembly election. Following the election, he took office as the Chief Minister of Delhi on 28 December 2013.
On 14 February 2014, he resigned the position stating he did so because of his minority government’s inability to pass his proposed anti-corruption legislation due to a lack of support from other political parties.
On 14 February 2015, he was sworn in as Chief Minister for a second term after his party’s victory in the Delhi Legislative Assembly election. Now Aam Aadmi Party is currently the ruling party of the National Capital Territory of Delhi.
Achievements of Arvind Kejriwal
- He helped in the foundation of Parivartan in 1999, an NGO aiming to assist the citizens in electricity, income tax and food ration-related matters.
- He granted his Magsaysay award money as a corpus fund to organise the Public Cause Research Foundation in 2012, a non-governmental organisation (NGO).
- Kejriwal uses the Right To Information Act for the corruption cases in government departments like Delhi Electricity Board, Income Tax Department, Municipal Corporation of Delhi and the likes.
- A committee constituted by the Government of India inducted Arvind Kejriwal as a representative member of the civil society to draft the Lokpal Bill and also participated in drafting the Jan Lokpal bill.
- Arvind Kejriwal became the architect of the movement that was started by Anna Hazare, the Jan Lokpal that demanded Citizen’s, Ombudsman Bill.
- Exposed alleged corruption and irregularities of political parties and government agencies through press conferences.
Interesting facts about Arvind Kejriwal
- As a patriotic awareness initiative, Arvind decided to include new subject Deshbhakti in the syllabus of Delhi government school syllabus. Arvind’s decision was officially announced on a day just before 74th independence day.
- In May 2019, Kejriwal was attacked by a man named Suresh while he was in a election rally.
- He is the second chief minister of Delhi who took CM post in front of people. Furthermore, he is the fourth Delhi chief minister who comes from Bhiwani village in Haryana.
- As a part of women empowerment, Arvind Kejriwal announced an offer in 15th August 2019 for women passengers, which is they no need to pay sum if they wish to travel in Delhi cluster, DTC and metro bus. This free service declared to establish on September 2019.
Awards Won by Arvind Kejriwal
- Year 2004 – Ashoka Fellow
- Year 2005 – the IIT Kanpur presented him with the Satyendra K. Dubey Memorial Award
- Year 2006 – Ramon Magsaysay Award
- Year 2006 – “Indian of the Year” award from CNN-IBN.
- Year 2009 – the IIT Kharagpur awarded him with the Distinguished Alumnus Award
- Year 2009 – Association for India’s Development awarded him a grant and fellowship
- Year 2010 – Policy Change Agent of the Year award from The Economic Times
- Year 2011 – “Indian of the Year” award from NDTV
Arvind Kejriwal Images
Lakshya Movie (2021): Naga Shaurya | Cast | Trailer | Songs | Release Date
Naduvan Tamil Movie (2021) | Cast | Songs | Trailer | Teaser | Release Date
Agaththiyan Tamil Short Film (2021)
Sridhar (Super Singer 8) Wiki, Biography, Age, Songs, Images
KJ Iyenar (Super Singer 8) Wiki, Biography, Age, Songs, Images
Abhilash Venkitachalam (Super Singer 8) Wiki, Biography, Age, Songs, Images
Bharat (Super Singer 8) Wiki, Biography, Age, Songs, Images
Vanathi Suresh (Super Singer 8) Wiki, Biography, Age, Songs, Images
Anu Anand (Super Singer 8) Wiki, Biography, Age, Songs, Images
Pitta Kathalu Netflix Anthology Movie (2021): Cast | Trailer | Release Date
RK Adithya Krishna (Super Singer 8) Wiki, Biography, Age, Songs, Images
Kanimozhi Kabilane (Super Singer 8) Wiki, Biography, Age, Songs, Images
Bigg Boss1 month ago
Bigg Boss Telugu Vote 2020 | Season 4 | Contestants List | Star Maa
Entertainment3 days ago
Super Singer Vote Season 8 (2021) | Online Voting | Contestants | Results | Vijay TV
Bigg Boss5 days ago
Bigg Boss Tamil Vote Online Season 4 (2021) | Contestants | Eliminations | Winner
Bollywood9 months ago
Todaypk Movies Download 2020: Bollywood, Telugu, Tamil, Hollywood Movies HD Free Download
Entertainment1 year ago
Kurukshetra (2019) Full Kannada Movie Download Leaked Online by Tamilrockers & Movierulz
Entertainment8 months ago
Movierulz 2020: Everything You Need to Know About Movierulz Download Website
Latest News9 months ago
Jio Rockers 2020: Download Free HD Movies Online | Tamil, Telugu, Hindi
Latest News12 months ago
Khatrimaza Movies HD Download 2020: KhatrimazaFull New Bollywood, Hollywood and South Movies